"You will be an official representative of the Church. . . . Your purpose will be to invite others to come unto Christ . . . Greater blessings and more happiness than you have yet experienced await you as you humbly and prayerfully serve the Lord in this labor of love among His children. We place our confidence in you." Thomas S. Monson

Monday, April 13, 2015

LAST ONE FAST ONE

LAST ONE FAST ONE.

That's right folks, it's that time of six weeks again.  And yes, Akpakpa has been hit with the transfer bug.  My companion, Elder Affri, and Elder Mutoke were both transferred out this morning.  I will be working with Elder Dakouri from Ivory Coast and Elder Wittig will be working with Elder Korateng from Ghana.  I'm definitely going to miss Elder Affri and Elder Mutoke, but it's nice having a little change this close to the end.

Well, as I've said so many times in my life during swim practice, "LAST ONE FAST ONE!!!!!!"  Here come the last six weeks.  Whatever you've got left, put it all in, and then some.  Leave nothing left. No regrets.

I apologize again for the length (or lack thereof).  Honestly, I've been trying to work with my iPod to put General Conference on and finally get all of my Christmas music off, but that poor thing is just so old it's almost ripped to shreds.  It's been a kinda stressful and time-consuming ordeal.  The firewire input has been contorted due to all of the numerous falls that it's taken with my iHome.  So, I have to hold the wire in at a funny angle and with much effort so that it doesn't disconnect.  Naturally, it disconnected almost anytime we would try to put music on.  Finally, after about 20 tries, it worked. My blood pressure is quite high, but at least my heart rate has decreased.  Seriously, technology. Who needs it?

Well, on a radically more spiritual note, the work is starting to progress well here in Akpakpa.  Elder Affri was a bit sad to be leaving, but I'm sure he'll find much success in his new area.  I am very grateful for Elder Affri and for ALL of the lessons that I learned with him.  I am very confident that the Lord is preparing me to return home and still find succes with what I'll do in life.  That has also been testified to me through the many inspired messages of General Conference.  I love the Lord.  He is ever watchful over ALL of His many children.  He is so gentle and kind.

I would like to leave you all with a brief testimony of our Heavenly Father.  There is no creature more gentle, more loving, more understanding than our Heavenly Father.  He knows what it's like to have trials and tribulations.  He knows what we go through.  Through His Son's Atonement, He CAN save us and succor us.  He CAN look after us, answer us, encourage us, and one day welcome us with His loving arms.  This is a day that I look forward to with gratitude.  My prayer this week is that we all work to hear His soft, firm voice speaking to us through the words of the prophets, through the whisperings of the Holy Ghost, and through the many tests and trials of our lives.  I promise that you will find Him.  He is ever present.  He loves us more than we can understand.  He knows our weaknesses much, much better than we do, and He knows why we have them.  He wants us to come unto Him.  And there He stands, ever-beckoning.

I love you all so much.  Have a great week.

Avec amour,

Elder Jenkins

No comments:

Post a Comment