"You will be an official representative of the Church. . . . Your purpose will be to invite others to come unto Christ . . . Greater blessings and more happiness than you have yet experienced await you as you humbly and prayerfully serve the Lord in this labor of love among His children. We place our confidence in you." Thomas S. Monson

Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter Testimony

Happy Easter everyone!  Yeah, I might be a bit late, but that's just kinda how life is out here.

This has been a rather special Easter.  I didn't receive any big presents nor eat any substantial amount of chocolate.  I didn't go looking for eggs nor did I hide any.  I didn't get to see any new cool videos, from the Church or elsewhere.  But I did have the amazing and humble opportunity to focus on "what matters most".

For those of us not in General Conference zone, yesterday a fast and testimony Sunday.  I decided to bear my testimony about Easter, rather fitting I think!  As I stood up to the pulpit, I was struck by our celebration of Easter.  Yes, other churches had had their parades and fanfares yesterday.  Most people had large parties and invited lots of people, many churches were overfilled past the doors, and there was lots of loud music being play out in the street.  

And then there were the Latter-day Saints in their quiet building with an abnormally normal Sunday service, not because we don't celebrate Easter or any other holidays, but because, in all reality, we celebrate Easter EVERY Sunday!  That's the whole point of our Sunday worship services.  Yes, we sang all three of the Easter hymns in the French hymnbook, but other than that, the only truly essential part to celebrating Easter was the partaking of the holy Sacrament, or Communion as other call it.  This is the whole point of Easter, to celebrate Christ's infinite and eternal Atonement, including His resurrection from the dead.

I testify, along with all of the prophets ancient and modern, that He lives!  I know that my Redeemer lives!  And yes, what comfort this sweet sentence gives, He lives!  I testify that His infinite love is available to us all, and that we can all receive the fulness of His loves and blessings, but only through His restored gospel.  I testify that as we focus our future Easters and our future Sundays more on the Savior that we will come unto Him and partake of the Bread of Life and of the Living Water.  We will never hunger nor thirst.  We will find Eternal Life.  I invite you, plead you, to come unto Him and accept His Eternal Love.  As the Book of Mormon prophet Nephi said, "There is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the doctrine of Christ" (2 Nephi 31:21).

I love you all so much. Have an amazing week!

Avec amour,
Elder Jenkins

No comments:

Post a Comment