"You will be an official representative of the Church. . . . Your purpose will be to invite others to come unto Christ . . . Greater blessings and more happiness than you have yet experienced await you as you humbly and prayerfully serve the Lord in this labor of love among His children. We place our confidence in you." Thomas S. Monson

Monday, February 9, 2015

Making His promises known to His children

Missionaries with Elder Dube 02.05.15
Wow!  What a week!  I don't have much time today (do I ever?), but I will try to be quick and concise.

I have made some intriguing spiritual progression this week, and it certainly has not been without Satan trying to impede me.

This week, we had the amazing opportunity to meet with Elder Dube of the Quorum of the 70.  I loved how he directed this meeting.  It was separated into three segments.  During the first, he and President and Sister Morin all instructed us individually.  Then the second two were just Elder Dube.  

The first was focused on becoming true disciples of Jesus Christ.  He explained that while serving as a stake president in Zimbabwe, he remarked that there were two types of missionaries who returned home: true disciples of Jesus Christ and "me"-missionaries.  He proceeded to detail the difference between the two.  Briefly, "forget yourself and go to work!"

President Morin shared a message about cultivating the gifts of the Spirit.  He's been making a recent push for that lately, and it's certainly been bringing a new light into my life.  It is very interesting, this topic.

Elder Dube's second discussion was about the importance of study, especially personal.

The third discussion was rather interesting.  He explained many, many scriptures about how "if you keep the commandments, you will prosper in the land."  We then proceeded to talk about our investigators preoccupations and how we can help them get over those.  We focused first on the Spirit but secondly on promising blessings.  The Lord has given so many promises to those who keep his commandments, and as His representatives, our's is the work of making His promises know to His children.  I thought that it was very interesting with the list he gave on "prospering in the land" given the fact that we're serving in a third world country.

This was a very spiritually uplifting opportunity, and with the meditation that I've been able to give it afterwards, I have felt the Lord's hand working in me to humble me and to direct me forward.

I love you all so much.  Have a great week.

Avec amour,

Elder Jenkins


Also spent quite a bit of time as keeper.  Only got scored on twice today!
Working my tennis serve back into shape today!  It was a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment