"You will be an official representative of the Church. . . . Your purpose will be to invite others to come unto Christ . . . Greater blessings and more happiness than you have yet experienced await you as you humbly and prayerfully serve the Lord in this labor of love among His children. We place our confidence in you." Thomas S. Monson

Monday, September 23, 2013

Helicopter, skydiving and pictures . . .

It's still crazy to me how the weeks fly by, yet only 17 weeks ago I was still at home!



It's getting a little bit harder to think of things to write about, not because we aren't doing anything, but just because from my end, everything looks almost the same.  Good news from this past month is that I am finally learning how to live in Africa.  With Elder Edwards in the home and with the diet/ budget that I created at the beginning of the month, I'm no longer exhausted of food and money at the end of the month!
Another crazy thing, our secteur is right next to the airport, so we always have airplanes flying over the apartment.  However, this week, there wer a helicopter flying around most of the days.  We didn't really know why, until Friday.  The helicopter was hovering over the airport, and my companion was a little suspicious because he saw a lot with the paratroopers during the war in Côte d'Ivoire.  All of the sudden we saw parachutes opening up!  In total there were about 8!  Well, that was random!  Anyways, about an hour later we were about to teach some members when we saw the helicopter again!  This time, I felt comfortable taking pictures as we weren't in the street.  It reminded me a lot of Kaleb, and made me miss home a little bit, but it was still fun to see how some people reacted to it hahaha.
Parachute!
Well, that's about it this week!  Not too many stories, but I'll try to think of some good ones for next week.  I love and miss you all so much, but I know that I am on the Lord's errand and doing His work, which brings me comfort and drive every single day.

Avec amour,
Elder Jenkins


It got so hot this week; we had to wear our hats!

Soeur Gilbette's dog had puppies!!! They're ADORABLE.
Making pate rouge, one of my favorites!

With the Eastmonds before they left for Benin!  We got a new couple, the Christensens from Reno, Nevada!
Made some fried rice this week!  It was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment