"You will be an official representative of the Church. . . . Your purpose will be to invite others to come unto Christ . . . Greater blessings and more happiness than you have yet experienced await you as you humbly and prayerfully serve the Lord in this labor of love among His children. We place our confidence in you." Thomas S. Monson

Monday, November 3, 2014

We have a LIVING PROPHET on this earth today

Wow!  What a week it has been.  Possibly one of the most busy weeks of my mission.  In the past 8 days we have been to the mission office 5 times.  Seriously.  Pretty much an office elder now, but not even close.  We went twice for immigration, once to get blood analyses, once for a trainers' meeting, and then today we made raspberry cobbler!!!  So yeah, very busy.

The best and most important experience from General Conference.  I absolutely love this six-month rejuvenation sent from a loving Heavenly Father to inspire and strengthen His children.  These inspired messages have been such a great support for me in my life, but especially during the hardest times of my mission.  Again, I was able to find direction and comfort through the messages we were able to watch from the Saturday Afternoon session and the Sunday Morning session. Personally, I found the most guidance and comfort from Elder Klebingat's message called "Approaching the Throne of God with Confidence."  I had the opportunity to study this talk again this morning in more depth, and I truly felt the Lord speaking to me as Elder Hales said in the October 2013 conference.

I took out three major themes from this past conference.  First, the need to sustain and trust the living prophet that Heavenly Father has given to us to guide us through this life.  Second, the need for personal revelation in relation to our own personal spiritual strength in order to persevere unto Eternal Life.  Third, the need to stand strong as witnesses of God and disciples of Jesus Christ in keeping the sacred commandments firmly but constantly loving those around us.  I plan to study these topics thoroughly over the next six months and how I can heed the Lord's voice spoken through His General Conference.

I would just like to leave my testimony today of a living prophet.  This truth has been confirmed to me several times this week as I have been preparing to watch Conference and in wtching and pondering afterwards.  How blessed are we to have a LIVING PROPHET on this Earth today.  WE have the Lord's voice to lead and guide us.  With this humble but powerful voice, we can avoid "getting stuck" and keep moving forward with faith in a world that continually grows darker.

I testify that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord's ture and LIVING Church on the earth today.  He Himself has placed it there through a living prophet, Joseph Smith.  Today, as a successor of Joseph Smith, the Lord has called Thomas S. Monson to be His chosen and authorized voice to the world.  No other church can proclaim that with the divine witness of the Holy Ghost to seal this testimony.  As I said previously, the Holy Ghost has testified to me several times this past week that Thomas S. Monson is indeed a prophet of God.  I leave my personal witness with you and invite you to heed the counsels given to us through General Conference: to follow in the footsteps of the Savior and to seek our own personal testimony through personal revelation.

I love you all.  Have a great week!
Avec amour,

Elder Jenkins

No comments:

Post a Comment