"You will be an official representative of the Church. . . . Your purpose will be to invite others to come unto Christ . . . Greater blessings and more happiness than you have yet experienced await you as you humbly and prayerfully serve the Lord in this labor of love among His children. We place our confidence in you." Thomas S. Monson

Monday, October 13, 2014

The 200 back mission analogy

Hello all again.  I don’t think that I have too much to add for this week.  It’s been an ok week.  Lots of high moments but some down ones, too.

We had a great activity last Monday for the missionaries that will be going home soon. There was some awesome barbecued chicken, beach volleyball, and waffle ball.  Plus some beach soccer and beach Frisbee as well (yeah, we were on the beach).  It was a great unwind from the stress of our area right now.

Tuesday was phenomenal.  We had our first personal interviews with President Morin, and it was seriously such a good interview.  We just had a really good discussion together about obedience, budgeting, training, etc.  I also explained to him my race strategy for the 200 back and how I compare it to the mission.  I'm now coming up to the 150 wall where it hurts like heck, but I still give it everything and how the last 50 is all about focusing on one stroke at a time and giving every stroke every effort and finally finishing through the wall and not at it.  He loved it!  Overall it was just a nice conversation.  He's a funny guy, too.  He's got a great sense of humor.  Elder Silvas gave him some spicy Mexican candy and we got like a 30 second comedy show out of him.  It was a blast!!!

The rest of the week was a bit of a struggle due to fatigue and lack of investigators. However, with the Lord’s help, Elder Nkanza and I were able to pull through and finish the week strong.  It was so hard, but again, I just had to think of where I am in my long-term 200 back.  It’s supposed to hurt super bad right now, but all I’ve got to do is focus on one stroke at a time, one day at a time, and even sometimes one step at a time.  I wake up in the morning sometimes exhausted beyond belief after walking sometimes up to 12 kilometers (about 8 miles) the day before, but I just get up, exercise some more, and carry on with trust in the Lord.  Whatever doesn’t kill you makes you stronger right?

Well, I think that’s about it for this week.  My apologies for a slightly short letter, but I hope and pray that this message finds you all well.  Best of wishes for the coming week.  I love you all so much!

Avec amour,

Elder Jenkins

No comments:

Post a Comment