"You will be an official representative of the Church. . . . Your purpose will be to invite others to come unto Christ . . . Greater blessings and more happiness than you have yet experienced await you as you humbly and prayerfully serve the Lord in this labor of love among His children. We place our confidence in you." Thomas S. Monson

Monday, July 1, 2013

If we keep our testimony in our heart and in our mouth, nothing canstand in the way of our happiness . . .


Where I've been spending a lot of my time
Bonjour mes amis!  What a wonderful week it has been!  I don't have too much time to write, so I'll try my best to get down what's important.  This week, I've had some very hard trials.  However, I have been the happiest I have ever felt.  While some of those around me may not have the same spirit of the work as I do, I've come up with a sort of motto that has kept me happy and smiling most of the time.  If we keep our testimony in our heart and in our mouth, nothing can stand in the way of our happiness.

One story that illustrates this occurred on Thursday.  We were teaching a lesson to a man who really likes to bash and refute everything we say.  Finally, I bore him the most powerful testimony of the truthfulness of our message and purpose, and he laughed at me.  I was not angry or upset, but still happy.  While I was taken aback by his response, I was still very happy inside in my heart because I know that I have the truth.  After we left, we were walking down the street, and almost everyone said hello to us.  I realized then how happy I am to be here surrounded by such a happy people.

Like I said, I don't have terribly much time to write today, but I love and miss you all so much!
Also, my story and journey are being recorded in a blog at elderprestonrileyjenkins.blogspot.com, if anyone of you are interested.  You may also write me at preston.jenkins@myldsmail.net.  Until next week!

Avec amour,
Elder Jenkins



Borrowed from Elder Hawkins blog - the entire zone - Elder Jenkins is in the middle very back


No comments:

Post a Comment