"You will be an official representative of the Church. . . . Your purpose will be to invite others to come unto Christ . . . Greater blessings and more happiness than you have yet experienced await you as you humbly and prayerfully serve the Lord in this labor of love among His children. We place our confidence in you." Thomas S. Monson

Monday, June 10, 2013

MTC week 2

Salut mes amis!  Well it's been an exceptionally busy week!  The first few days were kinda like drinking out of a fire hydrant, but now that it's slowed down I can really enjoy it.  There's just something about being around so many that have the same standards as me!  The spirit here is absolutely amazing!
I've been learning so much!  Everyday except Sunday and p-day we're in class for at least 6 hours and the rest of the time is spent with meals, study, teaching appointments, and an hour for exercise. Thursday we had in-field orientation, which is where we learn how to effectively plan our time and work with those around us.  It got me so excited to be out in Africa next week!  I'm so excited to be able to share this simple and true message.  All of the training I've had over the past 9 days has really strengthened my faith and testimony in Jesus Christ and all of His modern-day prophets, all the way from Joseph Smith down to Thomas S. Monson today.
That's all I have time to write today, but next time I write should be a week from Monday when I'm in Africa!  I love you all!
Avec amour,
Elder Jenkins

No comments:

Post a Comment