"You will be an official representative of the Church. . . . Your purpose will be to invite others to come unto Christ . . . Greater blessings and more happiness than you have yet experienced await you as you humbly and prayerfully serve the Lord in this labor of love among His children. We place our confidence in you." Thomas S. Monson

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Parting Testimony

The adventure begins . . .
I know that I have a Heavenly Father, who loves me.  I know that Jesus Christ is His son, and He died for all of our sins, pains, and sicknesses.  I know that Joseph Smith was a living prophet of God and he restored the proper Priesthood authority to the earth.  I know that he also translated the Book of Mormon by the power of God.  I know that the Book of Mormon is the most correct book of any on the earth, and that through it we can all find the same witness of the truthfulness of the Lord's gospel that has been restored.  I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord's church on the earth, and that there are many like me that have been called of God to proclaim this good message.  I know that Thomas S. Monson is the Lord's living prophet of God that presides over the Lord's church.  Lastly, I know that I have been called of God to serve the people of Benin and Togo, and that it is no mistake that I am serving there.

Lunch with Brennan (Elder Earl) before the MTC

No comments:

Post a Comment